Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
1 Hour 35 Minutes (Excludes 1 day to marinate)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 230°C for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 200°C and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare.