Affy Tapple Salad
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the flour, sugar, tapioca, vinegar, and the reserved pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, peanuts, and chilled tapioca mixture. Fold in the whipped topping and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.