Octoberfest German Potato Salad
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peeled and cut potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl. Add onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the potatoes and onion. Let stand for 1 hour before serving to enhance flavors.