Oriental Green Bean Salad
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 slices fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chile pepper
- 3/4 pound chopped fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and chile pepper. As the garlic and ginger begin to sweat, add beans, toss to mix, cover and reduce heat. Steam for 5-8 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water if necessary.
- Remove cover, increase heat to high; add soy and oyster sauce and stir for two minutes more or until sauce thickens. Serve warm.