- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Boil the lentils in broth in a covered pan until the lentils are soft and all the broth has been absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Place lentils in a food processor. Pour in olive oil and truffle oil, and pulse until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add additional truffle oil if desired. Pulse to preferred thickness and consistency. If too thick, pour in a few teaspoons of water or broth to thin.