Lentils with Tomatoes
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil, and stir in the lentils. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the green pepper and onion until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lentils, reduce heat, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.