Quinoa Chard Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Mix in quinoa, lentils, and mushrooms. Pour in the broth. Cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Shred chard, and gently mix into the pot. Cover, and allow to sit 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.