Tofu with Pork and Cashews
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/3 cup cashews
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels, cover with additional paper towels, and place a dinner plate on top. Let stand 30 minutes. Then cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, corn flour, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chilli garlic sauce.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in pork, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in ginger and garlic. Then stir in tofu, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture, bring to a boil; simmer until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve over cooked rice garnished with spring onions and cashews.